Bar Code Labels
BAR CODE LABELS
Print Your Own Bar Code Labels In House
Industrial bar code labels serve an important function by encoding important information that can be read by a scanner for faster checkout, inventory control, product tracing, and more. Clarity is a must to ensure that the bar codes can be properly read by the scanner, making it important to choose a quality bar code printer and use the right type of bar code label materials for crisp graphics.
Bar Code Labels – Compatible Printers
Several printing technologies are commonly used to print bar code labels including:
- Direct thermal printers — Direct thermal printers do not require the use of a ribbon, but they do require the use of special heat-activated direct thermal bar code labels.
- Thermal transfer printers — You will need to use an ink-coated ribbon and blank thermal transfer bar code labels to print bar codes with a thermal transfer bar code printer.
- Color inkjet printers — Color inkjet bar code printers allow you to add color graphics and text to your bar code labels.
- Laser toner-based printers — Both monochrome and color laser toner-based printers can be used to print bar code labels using laser sheet labels or label rolls.
Each bar code label printer type is capable of printing bar code labels on demand, albeit with different characteristics. For example, if you’re printing plain bar codes and do not require color, a direct thermal or thermal transfer printer will do. On the other hand, if you intend to print bar codes with color images, such as carton box bar codes, a color inkjet bar code printer is a better choice.
Buying Bar Code Labels
We have a large inventory of bar code labels compatible with the different types of bar code printers. Whether you need small labels or wide ones, the Optimedia Labs team is here to be of service. We also have printer-specific bar code labels engineered for a specific printer model and its printing technology.
For example, if you are using the Primera LX910 color label printer to print bar codes, Optimedia Labs offers blank bar code labels made specifically for Primera LX910 color label printer. You can rest assured that not only will the blank labels fit your printer perfectly, the label materials are formulated for the LX910’s inks.
Start by browsing our selection of direct thermal, thermal transfer, inkjet, and laser bar code labels to find the right label materials, size, and shape labels for your bar code printer. From there,
- Request Sample bar code Labels — We recommend requesting a free sample label kit so that you can test our bar code labels before placing an order.
- Order Custom bar code Labels — Do you need an unusual label size or shape?Optimedia Labs offers custom bar code labels. Simply send us a custom label request and tell us the details.
Leading Bar Code Label Printers That Can Be Used With Our Bar Code Labels
The following bar code printers can be used with our selection of bar code labels:
- Primera LX910
- Epson TM-C7500
- Epson ColorWorks C6500A
- Afinia L801
- GoDEX DT2x
- Zebra GC420D
- GoDEX HD830i