Primera LX2000 Color Label Printer
Primera LX2000 Color Label Printer
The Primera LX2000 color label printer is a pigment-based inkjet printer powered by the HP print engine. With a print width of 8.25 inches, maximum resolution of 4800 dpi, and a print speed of up to 6 inches per second, the Primera LX2000 color label printer is ideal for printing a wide range of labels including:
- Durable product labels
- GHS BS5609 labels
- Carton box labels
- Large format labels
- Pool chemical labels
- Waterproof labels
- Garden center labels
- Chemical drum labels
- And much more…
Primera LX2000 Color Label Printer Specifications
- Full color printing with up to 6 inches per second print speed
- High resolution 4800 dpi printing
- Print up to 8 inches wide
- Capable of printing GHS BS5609 labels
- Pigment-based inkjet printer using HP print engine
- USB/Ethernet network connectivity
- Large individual ink cartridges (CYMK) for the lowest ink cost per label
- Integrated unwinder that accommodates up to 6" OD label rolls
- Integrated Industrial Grade Cutter
- Optional external label unwinder also available, allowing label rolls from 6" to 10" OD
- Windows & MAC drivers
- BarTender Lite label design software
- One year Primera warranty
Inkjet Technology Powering the Primera LX2000 Color Label Printer
The Primera LX2000 color label printer uses HP’s print engine and pigment-based inks to produce extremely durable labels. Pigment inks are long-lasting and fade resistant. They are also extremely resistant to water, UV light, and exposure to chemicals. When used with appropriate label GHS BS5609 label media, the Primera LX2000 color label printer produces the most durable labels available: GHS BS5609 labels.
GHS BS5609 labels have met exacting specifications for long-term immersion in seawater and are required for chemical labeling purposes.
Who Should Buy the Primera LX2000 Color Label Printer?
The Primera LX2000 color label printer is an affordable GHS label printer for small and mid-sized businesses. It uses four large cyan, magenta, yellow, and black ink cartridges to keep ink costs low.
If you are currently ordering labels through a commercial printing provider, buying the Primera LX2000 color label printer could be a cost-effective move. When you own your own Primera LX2000 color label printer, there are:
- No setup fees
- No die fees
- No minimum order requirements
- And your cost per label will likely be much less
Another benefit to bringing label production in-house is that you control production. It’s no longer necessary to wait for your provider to deliver the finished product. If your label inventory runs low, simply print a fresh batch on demand.
Label Design Made Easy
The Primera LX2000 color label printer comes with BarTender Lite label design software, an easy-to-use application for creating your own custom barcode labels, GHS labels, product labels, and more. Since you’re no longer reliant upon a commercial print service provider, you can change your label designs at any time without running into minimum volume requirements or wasting existing inventory.
Whether you need to print thousands of labels or have a small batch of labels for a one-time production run, the Primera LX2000 color label printer is ready for the task.
Labels for the Primera LX2000 Color Label Printer
Optimedia Labs has a large selection of blank labels designed for use with the Primera LX2000 color label printer including:
- Barcode labels
- Pre-die-cut and continuous labels
- Chemical labels
- Matte paper labels
- High gloss paper labels
- Matte polypropylene labels
- Glossy polypropylene labels
- Clear polyester labels
- White polyester labels
Using Continuous or Pre-Die-cut Labels with the Primera LX2000 Color Label Printer
You can use both continuous labels or pre-die-cut labels with the Primera LX2000 color label printer thanks to its built-in industrial grade cutter.
Pre-die-cut labels come in a variety of shapes and sizes and typically include perforations. Continuous labels are not pre-cut. Rather, you print the label and let the Primera LX2000 color label printer’s built-in cutter cut them as they are printed. Thus, you can print and cut square and rectangular labels using continuous label media. If you also have a label finishing system with an integrated cutter, you can cut the continuous labels after the fact in the label finishing system.
Primera LX2000 Color Label Printer Accessories
The Primera LX2000 color label printer includes an integrated unwinder that holds label rolls with a 6-inch outside diameter. Many users add an optional LX2000 rewinder to the front of the Primera LX2000 color label printer to take up the printed labels as they are printed and wind them onto a core, effectively creating a roll-to-roll printing system.
In addition to adding a rewinder, some users want to use larger label rolls with the Primera LX2000 color label printer and add an external unwinder to the back of the unit that holds larger 10-inch label rolls. Using larger label rolls can reduce the cost per label even further as well as reduce interventions to change label rolls.
Other accessories for the Primera LX2000 color label printer include:
- Label applicators — These semi-automatic label applicators are helpful for applying labels to products and surfaces with professional results and less manual labor.
- Label dispensers — Label dispensers peel and present the next label for fast and easy label application.
- Label splitters and finishing systems — Label splitters systems allow you to print two or more labels across a roll and then split the roll into individual rolls while label finishing systems, which typically include a splitter, further finish the label with contour cutting, lamination, waste matrix removal, and winding onto a finished core.
Order Free Sample Labels
One of the best ways to see if the Primera LX2000 color label printer is the right printer for you is to request free sample labels. We will print your design file and mail you the samples, so you can see the print quality firsthand. We’ll also provide you with a cost analysis, so you can see how affordable it is to print your own labels in house on the Primera LX2000 color label printer. Request your free sample labels now.